A Guide to Understanding Website Visitor Tracking Strategies
For businesses that are looking to understand website visitor tracking strategies, the Roadhog is here to help. Ensuring that your website sets the tone for a great first impression is extremely important but is your team putting the same effort into understanding who is visiting?
What is Website Visitor Tracking?
Website visitor tracking is logging the different ways that visitors engage with your website and then presenting that behavior to you in a meaningful way. This provides your team with a visual path that the visitor takes as they journey through your website; with our Visitor ID system, it will also give your team the contact data needed to reach out to the visitor and make contact. This insight into your visitors is crucial in any website visitor tracking strategy.
Visitor ID provides over 40 data points to our customers; here are just a few:
- Company Name, Address, Location
- Pageview details and time spent detailing the buyer’s interest
- Possible Contacts – Names, Titles, Phone Numbers, Email Address
- Keyword & Referral Source
- Campaign Information.
All this information is also integrated into our other features to give you a well-rounded understanding of which prospects are ready to buy!
Understanding Website Visitor Tracking can be hard. Let us help!
Why is Website Visitor Tracking important?
In a perfect world, when a prospect visits your website, they like what they see and fill out a form giving you all their contact details to request more information. But, unfortunately, less than 2% of your visitors will do that – so without website visitor tracking, you’re missing out on that other 98%.
Our Sales Intelligence website visitor tracking is an asset that every company with an internet presence needs. The way that online sales works, without website visitor tracking software, you are missing all the data that your website is gathering for the company. Not to mention the warm leads that are visiting and being overlooked. Website Visitor tracking software will not only monitor your website activity, but track online behavior within your site, provide useful contact information, and help increase your sales.
What are the different types of solutions out there?
If you’re reading this article, you would like to know how your website contributes to your business and put it to better use gathering prospects. You might have even tried a web analytics tool in the past and used it to collect data to show you how visitors get to your site and what they do while they are there. But there is more to website visitor tracking than just analytics.
Some tools will only provide your team with IP tracking results, which is just not enough in today’s online world. What is IP tracking? IP tracking is when your visitor’s IP address contacts the server hosting your website, and the IP address is traced. This is usually used to customize the displayed page and approximate the location that your audience is viewing from geographically.
Our Visitor ID System provides more than just the behavior on the page for your visitors; we go deeper and offer device data to show the devices that your visitors come to your site on (mobile, tablet, PC). We also provide contact data of your visitors, even if they are working from home.
These tools alone will provide so much benefit, but with Visual Visitor, we give you more! Company details, contact data, firmographic data, and more.
Did you know that 98% of your website visitors don’t fill out a form. We can tell you who they are in real-time.
Get started today and super-charge your business growth.
The pros and cons of website visitor tracking.
Implementing website visitor ID tracking on your B2B website has multiple benefits. First, tools like our Visitor ID system can provide your team with real-time insight into who is visiting your website, allowing you to reach more prospects faster and win more customers.
- A good tool like Visitor ID will reveal the visitor on your site and help your sales and marketing teams reach out to warm leads that are already engaged with your product or service. This reduces the time it will take to turn a prospect into a lead and win a customer.
- With our website visitor tracking, you will get more than just the analytics that most services provide and receive a real-time alert when the prospect is on your site. This alert will go beyond the IP address and general information that many offer and give you actionable data that includes contact information, thus reducing your sales team’s research time to reach out.
- Know your visitor. When you get a real-time alert showing you have a visitor on-site, it will show you where they went and how long they stayed. This will give your team the ability to know their audience so that when they make the call, they will be able to focus on the topics that interested them the most.
- Reach out with confidence. Our customer contact database is constantly checked and double-checked to ensure the highest quality contact data. We are so confident in our data that we offer a contact confidence score for each contact downloaded. This allows you to send those emails or make the calls to the right person.
As with any technology product, there are always things to factor into your decision.
- Many website visitor tracking software packages can be costly and require lengthy contracts. Fortunately for you, our Sales Intelligence Platform is a cost-effective solution with many options to fit your needs – from small businesses to large ones, we have a plan for you.
- Understanding the data that monitoring your website visitor traffic provides can be confusing. Visual Visitor makes this as easy as possible for our clients with a comprehensive dashboard that does most of the work for you. We allow you to filter your results based on the search criteria you are looking for – and save those searches to be used repeatedly. Plus, we offer one-on-one time with an expert to get you and your team off and running from the start. Making sure that you get the most out of our product makes you more productive and is the reason our clients love our system.
Discover the identity of your website visitors today!
Get your free trial and uncover the leads you didn’t know you had.